Mother's Day

My day began and ended with me facing a sink full of dishes. Because it was a Sunday my kids were crazy and Scott had meetings. I was stressed about my new calling and sustaining as Ward Activities Chair. Why should today be any different, though? Motherhood rarely pauses and that is okay. Before I know it I'll have all the breaks I want and I'll miss my little crazies. Scott and I make sure to do a weekly date and that is a great break. When Myles is at preschool and Landon naps that is a rare break. When all the kids are in bed and I'm sitting with Scott watching and laughing at my favorite show, that is a much-needed break. I love my family and I loved today. I am learning to find joy in the simplest things. Tonight we had family wrestle and hearing my kids laugh and giggle was a reward. Having my kids sing to me in Sacrament meeting was the best present. Without the Lord I wouldn't have all these wonderful treasures and I am truly blessed. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to live up to these gifts from Him. So bring on the trials, the stress and the never-ending feeding, cleaning, loving and exhausting parts of motherhood. Today I welcomed it all.

Comments

I love it!!

You will be AWESOME as Activities.
Arycca Brothers said…
You are such a cute mom and sister! I look up to you so much, Bec, and I am so impressed by what a great mom you are. Love you, and your whole family!
Anonymous said…
How do we always get the same callings? I just got called to ward activities too! Glad you had a good mother's day and were able to appreciate the gift of having children. Love ya!
Holly said…
Yikes! You're the activities chair too? It's my least favorite calling ever, but I'm learning to manage things ok. Maybe we could swap ideas? :) I can't believe Scott had meetings all day. Our Bishop cancelled all bishopbric meetings yesterday as a gift to all of us wives. Possibly one of the best gifts ever! Maybe Scott could drop a hint for next year...
whipplewife said…
Oh, Honey!
The sweetness of motherhood all wrapped up in your words stating exactly how crazy it really is! But, you are so right, that nothing compares, nothing frustrates so much and nothing brings greater joy! That continues no matter how old of a mother you are! Thanks for calling me and keeping me so involved from afar with your darling family! I love you all!
Janene said…
wish I could have given you, all of my mother friends, a huge mothers day hug! You're doing awesome.
Michelle said…
Well said! I love motherhood too. Great calling choice. This can be lots of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day