We got a great deal on airfare ($120 roundtrip!) and flew to Utah for fall break. I have missed my siblings and we had so many babies to see. My sister had McKinley in August; Tyler and Shelley welcomed Madden in August; 4 cousins had babies from June to October. We also had to introduce Landon to everyone. We missed seeing Tyler, who was traveling for work, but I was very grateful to Todd and Tess who came to see us almost every day. We had a fabulous trip. We were on the go the entire time. My camera battery died the first day so I don't have many pictures. I'll just have to wait until family and friends forward them, hint, hint!
Our first day my mom's parents orchestrated a big family get together after having dinner with just my siblings and us. My grandpa and Landon had a sweet bond from the start. We loved seeing everyone. The next day I got to go to lunch with a friend from Kaysville and then we went to see Heidi (mission companion) and meet Dustin, her fiancee. We had a great time with Liseth, our favorite ward missionary from Venezuela and her son, Sebastian.
Wednesday was busy, starting with a run in the rain with Stephanie from Kaysville and ending with an Hermana reunion with 6 of us from the mission. We had so much fun reminiscing and seeing how much we have all changed over the past 10 years. Thursday we went down and met my friend, Renee, from high school for lunch. We spent the rest of the day in Lindon with my dad's parents and Arycca and her family. The next day we visited Provo and BYU campus. The kids weren't as enthralled by the trip down memory lane as we were. It was so beautiful with the fall colors and the crisp air. Saturday we went to temple square to see Todd and Tess one last time. I was cold the first part of the trip but the weather was perfect the last two days.
Our trip was short and sweet; it was exactly what we needed and I am truly grateful for all the great people in our life. I will always hold a special place in my heart for Utah and our time there. That said, I still LOVE living in Arizona and appreciate our life here.

Comments

How fun!! So glad you guys had a good time!!
bettina said…
what a fun trip! Utah is fun to visit that's for sure! But your right, AZ is the place to be!
Janene said…
it was so fun to have you here for awhile. nuff said! :o)

except, now I need to go forward you a picture.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day