We had a great visit with my mom. I got the painting bug in me (at what other point in time would I have such a great helper here?) so I did the family room orange. I've been wanting to redo the room for awhile. I had a yellow color picked out but saw so many orange walls in my friends' homes in Utah that I came home ready for orange. None of the pictures do it justice, but it looks really good; I love it. The fireplace is a butternut squash color; it looks so cool.
We kept really busy with Grandma here. We went to lunch, played at the park and enjoyed the helping hands. My stepdad, Bert, came for the last two days. We enjoyed having Bert here and getting to know him better; my kids loved having grandparents here to spoil them. We took them to the train park in Scottsdale. We were able to squeeze in some family photos just hours before their flight. Mom and Bert will be moving to London in two weeks and we will really miss them. Fortunately, my mom has a trip back to the states planned when my brother and sister-in-law welcome their first baby in January. We are also planning a trip to visit them in England next summer.
Saturday I ran 15 miles and it felt really good. I wanted to keep going but I had to get ready for family pics. I have been so blessed to not have any injuries and to be able to add the miles on that I need to in such a short amount of time. We got an amazing airfare to Hawaii ($325 rt) and my friend and I will be splitting the hotel ($170 each for 4 nights!). 46 days until the marathon and I am getting really excited. It is finally starting to feel real. This Saturday I will do 17 miles and the next will be 19. After that, the rest is just conditioning. Mental stamina is what I really need. So exciting!

Comments

Megan Dougherty said…
I love your family picture. Your mom looks younger than when she came and picked you up from the mission. I think you have inspired me to use more color on my walls after seeing your two rooms in the last pic. How fun!
Jamie said…
Way to go Becky! You are AWESOME!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day