Birthday boy

It was wonderful to have everyone together

The happy couple

We're thrilled to have two grandpas again

the Barbers

Mr. Myles

Beautiful Bailey

Landon would not sit for a picture

I love this picture!

Myles and Leif = 2 train-lovin' boys

Hangin' at the train park w? COUSINS
(we never see cousins so it was a real treat)

Our house feels so empty without
family staying here

Myles and Landon had a blast with Grandpa Bert

We had the best visit with Grandma and Grandpa


It feels so good to sit and relax right now. I had three major events to put on (fortunately not all by myself) in 10 days' time. We also have had family visits which are so much fun. Stressed did not even come close to describing how I lived in November and most of December this year.
Since my last post Landon turned 2 on November 17th. He is so much fun right now. He seems to be the only one who can entertain himself these days. (I admire all moms who love every minute of Christmas break). He is talking so much. Landon loves to wear Bailey's shoes, won't use sippy cups (because he is too big) and is getting really good at soccer.
Thanksgiving was so much fun with family and loved ones here. Peggy got to introduce her fiancee, Bill, to the family and we had fun eating and playing games. The next week was the Relief Society dinner for the women in our church. It was beautiful and well-attended.
Peggy and Bill got married December 3rd. Scott's sister, Holly and her family flew in from Virginia and Scott's brother, Chris, flew in with their family from British Colombia. We had a lot of fun watching the cousins play. The wedding was beautiful and Peggy and Bill put on a great party. Of all three events this took the most time but was my favorite to do. The church was transformed and it looked great. Did I take any pictures? NO! I forgot. After all those hours of setting up it skipped my mind. If I get any from the photographer I'll post them later.
Our Church Christmas party was fun but only 100 out of the planned 200 showed. By that point, I did not care anymore. The sugar cookie decorating station was a hit. We also had a room where the kids played games, an ornament decorating station and family pics w/Santa and Mrs. Claus. The dessert spread was incredible and the decorations looked great. We also had people bring donations for military care packages.
The next day my mom and stepdad flew in. We had the best time with them; they spoiled us and the kids. We went to a movie (which we NEVER do w/kids) and to dinner (which we really never do w/kids). We saw the beautiful Mesa Temple lights and played games. They made us Sunday dinner (which was great since it was the third Sunday in a row Scott had been at church all day & night). They babysat and entertained and truly were a blessing. I'm so grateful they came to see us and look forward to their next visit, even if we have to wait until 2012.
Side note, I no longer do church activities (or weddings!) and have been put in with the kids. I am really looking forward to whatever age group I get, beginning January 2nd. Also, Scott is now the Young Men's President in our ward. He is going to be a wonderful leader and have a great time with the youth. This past week I have been able to spend time with my little family and I just love each member so much. I'm grateful to have them; they make my life as rich as it is. Merry Christmas!

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
Yay! Take a deep breath and relax, you're finally done! Now you just have to get through Christmas :) PS I love that we have the same background (great minds, and all that!)
I can't believe Bailey! She looks like such a big girl! I missed you over Christmas. Ty and I really need to get down there. Hopefully soon! Miss you!
xoxo
Shells
Janene said…
wow! what a time. I sure do love seeing your handsome family. one of my 2011 resolutions is to see you this year. :o)

hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day