The room looks smaller than it is, although with 10 students it will be "cozy" as they say in real estate

Our Preschool is really coming along. If you've been to my house, it's in the room on the other side of the piano. Landon shows everyone who comes over his new school. He is so excited. The other day he put Myles' backpack on and told me he was going to school. Both boys sat in the van in the garage and pretended it was "school." I have a child gate keeping them out of the real preschool. I am so glad Landon will get to do preschool while Myles is at kindergarten. Life is about to get really busy with Myles and Bailey at two different school and running a preschool out of my house. I'm so glad we're doing it two days/week. Myles will be doing half-day preschool, which is not the norm in our area. I'm glad Landon won't be completely without his buddy, just in the mornings.
We are now part of a babysitting co-op that has been fun and successful. There are four families with three kids apiece; each family hosts 12 kids once a month from 4:30-7:30 Saturday evening. We feed the 12 kids and keep them happy and entertained while the other three couples enjoy their night. The other three Saturdays Scott and I get to be together without the clock ticking on a sitter's tab. We're done early enough to get the kids in bed and still have a quiet night together. I recommend this to anyone with good friends whose children all get along.
We joined the YMCA a month ago and I am so glad. We meet Scott there every day at five. I try to have dinner ready in the crock pot or ready to come out of the oven when we walk in, using the delayed start time option. My kids love going and playing there. The kids' area is incredible: they have an outdoor playground in the middle of the building and it has a rock wall for them to free climb on. It's low enough they don't need a harness. Bailey can do the adult rock wall whenever she wants. When it gets warm enough outside for me (100 degrees or higher) we'll swim there, too. I really love working out without my kids interrupting. I love getting out of the house at the hour my kids are normally whiny and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I love seeing Scott an hour earlier than we normally would. He enjoys working out and has been very consistent at it. I had a hard time selling my treadmill but am glad now. This has been a fun family activity and will be great in the summer heat.
Bailey is done with school next Thursday and then our busy summer will begin. I want to be better about chores and errands in the morning. I need more chore ideas, but like the idea of work before play. B is really excited about swim team. She'll practice Monday through Thursday with meets every Thursday night. Mondays we'll see old movies at the local theater. I'm hoping to implement some daily quiet time. Now that Myles can read it will be more feasible than last year. I don't plan on letting Landon quit napping, either. We will all need some downtime in the afternoons before heading to meet Scott and the Y. I feel like this summer is going to fly by; right now I'm a little antsy for it to start, though I'm also trying to enjoy what's left of my downtime.

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
Your preschool looks so cute! I love it, I wish I could sign Kinley up with you!
Anonymous said…
Wow Becky! I am totally impressed with your preschool. Very, very cute! If we lived in AZ I would definately put Mason in your class.
whipplewife said…
What a darling room! I think your little preschool kids will be so lucky to be in your home! How cute that Landon wants to show off his "school"! So, is Bailey staying at her school this year then? That will probably be a happy decision for her! Love you all!
Michelle said…
Love the room! Can't wait to hear all about your preschool kids over this next year. Best wishes! I love teaching and know you will too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day