It's time to update my neglected blog. We had a great trip to Utah. My mom flew in a few days beforehand and then drove out with the kids and me. It was a bonus to have her there from England, too. Scott flew out a week later. We spent almost two weeks there and it was so nice to be surrounded by family and loved ones. I ate up the love and brought it back with me. I especially enjoyed my time with my sister and miss her terribly. She had a little five-week-old my kids adored and her two-year-old provided endless entertainment, as well.
I can't even thank all the people who fed and housed us, who entertained us and just wrapped their arms around us. I love Arizona (I'm over the heat, though) but part of my heart is in Utah with my family and always will be. I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have all four grandparents still living. That can't last long and it was great to spend time with each of them.
We got home on a Friday night and Myles started kindergarten the following Monday. I am so glad he is at this school. It turns out that half-day is perfect for all of us. Landon misses him terribly when he's gone and Myles doesn't seem ready for full-day. I have to admit that I will certainly enjoy this year of only having one school lunch to worry about, even though B prepares hers every day. Bailey has been in school almost a week. She has an energetic, fun teacher (perfect for her!) and is happy to be back with her friends. B continues with piano lessons and has her first recital in October. Myles is beginning a music class tomorrow that he and I are really excited about, "Let's Play Music." It is once a week and I get to attend with him twice a month, which will be fun.
My big news is that preschool has started and I am really enjoying it! I have 8 students (including my favorite one, Landon) and we are having a great time. The first day was a little hectic, since it was all new to me and none of my students had attended any preschool before. After a little tweaking, the schedule went much more smoothly today. I never thought I would teach preschool but I am grateful that the Lord guided me to do this. Landon is in heaven when his friends come over. He is always excited about whatever the activity is and he is an enthusiastic learner.

Comments

Megan Dougherty said…
Oh I miss you! We are here in Colorado now. Got in a car accident moving to Colorado. It has been hard moving in and dealing with injuries. We are excited to be here. I am sooo glad everything is going well for you.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day