New Family Pics










I don't have much to report. We had family pictures a few weeks ago. We met a woman who needed computer repair so we were able to trade the full cost of her skills with Scott's mad computer skills. What a blessing! I love how they turned out. I am so blessed to have such a great family. We are all doing well. Here is a brief update:
*Scott is trying to survive the load at work. He has worked three unplanned overnighters in the last six weeks. He would work 18 hours after sleeping only 3, then head back to work the next morning. He is also swamped with his calling and being a wonderful husband and father. I am so grateful he is a hard worker with great integrity.
*Bailey is doing well at school. We just love her teacher this year. She is doing great at math and enjoying piano. She is growing up so quickly it hurts sometimes.
*Myles is having a hard time at school. Last week he spit at an aide and called her, "Stupid head!" If you know Myles, this is not like him at all. I don't know if it has to do with losing Elliot, but he was the child who was most affected. We are trying to help him make better choices while also providing consequences. Parenting can be hard sometimes.
*Landon gave up naps a few weeks ago so that has been a struggle. He falls asleep in the car anytime he is strapped in past 1 pm. By 5pm he is a bear. He is still so fun. I can't believe he will be three in two weeks. I am trying to get excited about potty training. That is a definite oxymoron.
*As for me, I am hanging in there. My life is really good and I know I am blessed. That doesn't always remove the ache from my heart, but I have 90% good days with only 10% bad and I owe that to the Lord. Last night I ran into a dear friend who was visiting her parents who live in our ward. She had her 6th miscarriage the same week we lost Elliot. She buried a stillborn baby once. I sometimes wish we would have buried Elliot. It was so refreshing to talk with someone who has been where I have been. I always appreciate the good people who ask how I am or give me a hug, but talking with someone who knows and who has survived such loss is different.
We are all enjoying the "fall" weather (translation: anything under 85 degrees) and grabbing as much time at the park as we can. We are getting excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We still enjoy the YMCA and I always love our Saturday nights, thanks to our babysitting co-op. My life is really full and I try not to forget that.

Comments

Your family is so beautiful and I miss all of you like crazy! Becky, you are so positive and absolutely incredible. I love you.
Adorable! My favorite is of you with the kids. :-)
Anonymous said…
Becky-I love the family pictures. It's not fair, you are so beautiful! I miss you. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me. I wish I could be there to be a better friend to you, but I think about you all the time and thank Heavenly Father for putting you in my life and giving me a friend like you. I hope one day we can be close again. Love you!
cobragirl said…
Great pictures. You are a very strong person.
whipplewife said…
Wow! You have such a darling family, Bec! Each of you just glows with the love you share in your home. I am so glad you are so good at having family pictures! One of my big regrets, you know. Bailey is so beautiful and grown up! Myles has his beautiful sparkling eyes, as always, and Landon looks so sweet, how could he be a bear? Love you all!
Janene said…
Becky, these pictures are really lovely! I've been thinking of you these days, grateful to read the update. Love to you all!
Most beautiful family ever. What a sight! Miss and love you!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day