The life I never thought I would have



We have a mini schnauzer puppy and we live in Utah. Those are two things I honestly never thought I would say. My life is completely different than I ever thought it would be and it's not entirely a bad thing. Scott is home more often now that he works ten minutes away. We are almost done with the short sale on the house in Mesa (Hallelujah!!!!!) and money will not be as tight. We are doing more things as a family, especially now that we have the dog. We are able to see my family more often, especially my siblings, and we love that. 


This dog has really been a good thing for us, particularly for me. I have to go to bed at a decent hour because she wakes up at 6 am. I used to get up at 6 am but then I started slacking once we moved here. We have to clean up shoes, toys, books, basically anything we don't want destroyed. We named her Lola and the kids and I are really enjoying her. Scott tolerates her. She is such a sweet little thing and she loves us so much.


Our neighbor's fiancĂ© bought her this little puppy, thinking it would help her get back in shape. She loved, raised and trained the puppy for a month, but the dog was terrorizing her chickens and our neighbor doesn't like being tied down to a puppy. She offered us the dog and practically everything else we needed to become dog owners. We really had to think this one through, but I know we made the right decision. We couldn't have asked for a better situation and I am thankful that sometimes God gives us things we didn't even know we needed. 


I have been in a funk since moving here. I love seeing family (especially my sister) and it is fun reconnecting with old friends, but it is hard to be new. It is hard to build a life, especially when it's not somewhere you really wanted to be. I have had some difficult days here, but I'm thankful that I have my little family and that our new "normal" is starting to not feel so foreign. Scott and I both miss Arizona like crazy- our friends and family and the familiarity. We are trying to suck it up and be positive, especially for the kids, but sometimes it feels like a dream and I am ready to wake up.


Part of the problem is that Utah was always where we visited in the summertime. This still feels more like an extended visit than our permanent home. We are doing our best to make friends and to fix up the house. We are happy as a family and life, different though it may be, is getting better. Things are looking up and I think Lola plays a part in that. I am grateful for her and I am grateful for my little family. 

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
I love you Becky! I'm sorry its not the life you would pick, but I'm so grateful to have you close by!
Bec said…
I never said I hated this life! And seeing you once a week is definitely making up for it. Love you!
I STILL feel like Arizona is home. Always will be. Be glad that you have family near...I wish I had that.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day