2 Month Make-up Post


Christmas in Arizona 


Ninjago for one and all 


Fun with Grandma and Grandpa 


Nativity with cousins in Utah


Rockin' Shepherds 


Reindeer crafts


Check out the chocolate on my lip that no one
told me about - "I thought it was chocolate"
is the excuse I heard from several people.... 


Crafting with Grandma 


Lots of reindeer roaming around 


Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa
(my father's parents) 


This year I am going to include more pics of me.
(I'm sure everyone read that blog post by the 
mom who wants to finally claim her place in front
of the camera once in awhile, to prove she was 
actually there, emotionally and physically. 
I loved that message.) 






Kai piñata, from Ninjago 


Our favorite little ninja 


My kids are really good at capturing stills

Well, we have not progressed on the kitchen at all since the last post in November. We did have a great time with Landon on his birthday (Nov. 17th). Thanksgiving was wonderful; we had it at my dad's parents house and my mom, Bert, and all my siblings and their families were able to come. Fast forward to the Barnes Family Christmas party in mid-December. We had a great time being together once again.

The highlight for us all was the trip home to Arizona. We happily missed all the snow storms and freezing cold temps for two weeks. We had an amazing time with our friends and family. I wish I had taken more pictures! We were able to see mostly everyone during our time there. The weather was incredible, some days the high was mid-60s; we really soaked up the love and joy of being HOME.

Before coming back to Utah we went to Magic Mountain for two days. We surprised the kids with season passes for Christmas. It was so fun to play, ride the rides and just be together. Unfortunately we were recovering from being sick at the tail end of our time in Arizona, but we still had a wonderful time. We are so excited to have season passes and will be heading back for Spring Break in March before making another trip to Arizona for Easter. We also want to head to Magic Mtn. for their water park this summer.

We left cold weather, went to perfect weather only to return home to 5 degrees! We were dying when we realized it got even colder than we had presupposed. However, I have made peace with the weather. I have a sun lamp that I use a few minutes every day. We shovel the snow and avoid driving when it is super dangerous. My kids don't mind the cold and even enjoy the snow. 

I come back to Utah ready to get serious about my life here. It has been incredibly difficult to adjust to this move. That said, this is the only life I get so I want to make it real. I want to enjoy it. I want to move in emotionally. I want to accept the Lord's will for my family here. It is time.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Becky! I still love reading your blog even though I don't do mine anymore. Wish we could have been in AZ to see you. I know what you mean about starting your life in Utah. I seriously have had the hardest time living life here in Miami. I try, but it is so difficult sometimes. I know before long Utah will feel like home to you. You are so friendly, and outgoing and from my perspective are wonderful at making friends. I miss you!
lynsey said…
ooooh, becky my friend! i totally got goosebumps with that last paragraph, not even kidding you. and i tend to get goosebumps that cover my arms like that when i know that what someone said is true.

you are amazing, and i just love you. it was so great to see you, even for a short time.

can't wait to read more about the emotional moving in! :)
Megan Dougherty said…
So good to hear from you! I love reading your blog! Looks like I will be in Utah on May 18th for training. I would love to see you!! I will keep in touch!
Janene said…
You have such a beautiful family, Becky! Extended too. :o)

I think part of accepting your life here is that we need to get together again. Agreed? I just can't stand to drive in this muck though. We'll find a time. Soon! Miss you. Let me treat you to a birthday lunch. Say the word.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day