Barber Birthday Bash







We had a great time at the birthday party for Bailey and Myles on Saturday. We had it at one of the public pools and were able to have so many of our friends and family there; we had delicious Costco cake and froze in the pool. (It was only 95 that day. Ha!)
Last Sunday Scott and I spoke in church. Usually, we are really good at getting to church 10 minutes early, but the day that it mattered most, the day I needed to be sitting on the stand bright and early, Landon puked carrot puree all over my white shirt as I was walking out the door. Our talks went well. I really enjoyed the preparation and once I got started, didn't mind the actual delivery. Scott and I also enjoyed the serenity of being up on the stand together without the kids.
Bailey had her first swim meet last Thursday night. She did so well. I am so impressed by her natural talent in the water. She has the speed and the endurance to do well, if only she could decide if she wanted it badly enough or not. Tonight was the second swim meet and she didn't want to go, but ended up enjoying it by the end. She is taking a free synchronized swimming class on Saturday. This could be a good fit since she is a dancer at heart, but is also very much a fish. She is so wonderful and a great help with the boys.
Myles started potty-training last week. He did really well as long as he was home, hanging out near the little potty and he didn't have anything on. He isn't so great with the underwear, confusing it with a diaper. I don't have the patience to continue with it right now. It's obvious that he isn't ready yet and with our busy summer schedule, I am unwilling to dedicate a full week to being homebound. I think I'll start up again when Bailey goes to school. For now, Myles is loving preschool and I am loving the break on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
For all intents and purposes, Landon is sleeping through the night. He still wakes up about 4 and moans for an hour, but we turn on a loud fan and tune him out. I am so ready to sleep through the night without interruptions. He is adamant about not cooperating with the physical therapy and stresses me out. I think he is improving, but minutely.
Scott and I are hoping to get away for a night or two soon. We haven't been away from our kids since B was 2; it's not that we haven't wanted to, we just haven't had people willing to take them off our hands. Now we have some dear friends who have offered and we are taking them up on it. The only hangup is that Landon won't take a bottle. Once we get that conquered, we're outta here!

Comments

Di Fitá said…
cute babies.. god bless
jgirl said…
It looks like your family had a lot fun swimmin' and partying and looks like gramma Peggy joined the fun as well! You and Scott have adorable kids with a capitol A!=0)
That pool party looked like so much fun! I hope you have a wonderful weekend away planned! Your kiddies are so cute!
Wow! Busy, busy! I'm so proud of Bailey and her swimming. Only a good mom could have so much going on for the summer and stay sane.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day