Tonight is Bailey's swim finals. We are so excited for her; she is one of 16 kids in her age group out of all of Mesa to make it this far. She will be competing in the butterfly stroke. I am so glad she is enjoying swim team so much. We are also looking into her newest love, synchronized swimming. I will have to miss watching her compete tonight because I am off to see Wicked! I have been waiting for this since February; Scott got me a ticket for my birthday and I am headed out with some good friends.




I have so much to catch up on these past three weeks. Most recently we went up to Show Low with some good friends, Marci and Carlos, to her parents' cabin. The kids had fun and it was a nice change of scenery. At the last minute Marci and I decided to do a 10k run. It was a beautiful make-shift path throughout the neighborhood surrounding the Snowflake Temple and the golf course. The course doubled back several times and the spray-painted arrows were worn off by the time we got to them, but it felt good to be in the cool air running. It was only 68 degrees that morning. I don't think Mesa will see temps that low until the end of October (at the earliest). We also enjoyed the Pioneer Days parade; most of the floats were spaceships (modern-day pioneers) and the kids enjoyed the free candy and horses. We went to a rodeo (my first!) and the kids got to chase a chicken around. The bull riders were impressive and we had a good time that night.
The summer has flown by. I am in a boot camp that I love. My friend and I got a screaming deal for the month of July. I am definitely pushing myself harder there than I would at home. I am also planning a trip with some friends to Prescott to do another 10k at the end of August. We'll bring our families and enjoy getting out of the heat, watching another small town parade and hiking in the beautiful mountains. I didn't realize how beautiful Arizona was before moving here.
In three weeks Bailey will be back in school and Myles will be continuing preschool. We are very excited to head to Utah for Bailey's fall break, October 12th - 17th. I have a niece and a nephew to meet and four of my cousins will have had new babies by then.
Next Thursday Scott and I are going away as an early anniversary celebration. I cannot believe it's been 8 years. What a wonderful life we have together. So, we are going away for 24 hours and I am really looking forward to it. We haven't been away from our kids in 5 years so we are due!

Comments

Hey...do we get to see you when you come to Utah???? Thanks for the update. I know you will just love Wicked...I wish we had more culture available to us here...heavy sigh! Love you all. Way to go Miss Bailey
Anonymous said…
Wow Becky! You are crazy to run a 10K in the mountains! Crazy Awesome! I tried to run 2 miles when we went to Pinedale with Mik's sister and literally thouht I was going to die. The elevation was TOOOOO much for me!
The Wilkins' said…
Becky, I saw your comment on the relief society blog, and then found yours! :)

We went to Wicked on the 21st as well! I hope you liked it!
Marci Hernandez said…
I still can't believe those waitress shoes lasted that whole race! It was one to remember for sure. Next time I am going to beat that 75 year old man for sure! Thanks for the great time.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day