This was in the airport by my gate.
So cool!

Michelle and I in front of her lovely home

Veteran's Day at the park.
It was 93 and still hot!

For Myles' preschool we went to ride horses.
This was the only animal he would get on.

Myles followed Landon around on the trampoline
to make sure he didn't fall off. So sweet!

Myles wouldn't ride the horses but he loved
feeding them carrots and petting them

True to form, Landon loved the packaging
from his presents more than the actual toys inside

I had a wonderful time in Houston with Michelle. I was able to see my aunt, Shae (why didn't I take a picture with you woman?) who picked me up from the airport and we went to lunch. I am so glad I was able to see Shae without time constraints, busy schedules or my crazy kids. Texas is really pretty with the trees and I'm so glad I waited until this time of year to visit. The weather was fabulous. Michelle and I had a great time catching up; she is one of the sisters I am collecting along my path in this life. I just adore her.
Saturday we went for a run at a state park. There was a road in the middle of a forrest/swamp and it was heavenly. I could have run forever; we were shielded from the sun and humidity and the landscape was breathtaking. We also went to her ward's Super Saturday. Mostly we just enjoyed catching up and being together. I hope we can keep up this yearly tradition.
Yesterday Landon turned one. We had ice-cream, cake and a little party for him. He is such a fun baby; he is generally happy and laughs a lot. I love this age; I am finally getting caught up on sleep and he can entertain himself a lot more now. I have the best kids. I came home from my trip missing my husband and family. I also made some resolutions for myself (that I won't post because I don't want to feel like a failure if I don't follow through on all of them!). I missed my family so much that I am worried about being gone from them for 5 days when I head to Hawaii.
Life is zooming by. Three weeks from tomorrow we fly out and then three weeks from Sunday I run! Next week is Thanksgiving already. I can hardly wrap my head around the year 2010. I am hoping to be able to calmly (or at least, sanely) enjoy the holiday season. I LOVE Arizona wintertime. Nothing beats it. Come visit!

Comments

I can't believe it's been a year already...it goes by so quickly! In case I forget....good luck in Hawaii.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day