My little Landon is starting to walk! He is right on schedule (14 months) with his siblings. He is the cutest frankenstein when he walks. When he gets going too fast he goes sideways. He is so full of energy! He is either really happy or really angry. He isn't mellow much, but he can entertain himself, which I appreciate. He still takes two naps and is determined to keep up with Bailey and Myles.
Bailey is enjoying 2nd grade. She loves to herd her brothers around and ride her bike. When she puts her mind to something, nothing can stop her. She is talking about donating her hair again. She tried another synchronized swimming class and really enjoyed it. She has a hard time committing to anything. She talks about taking dance again but loses interest. I hope to find something she just loves and will be passionate about.
Myles is talking a lot and has grown so much. He is tall and slim, a first for him. He loves preschool and is adjusting well to being a Sunbeam at church. He is such a sweetheart. He randomly hugs me and says, "I just love you so much, mommy." Boys are so sweet to their moms! Sometimes he really likes Landon and other times he doesn't. His newest love is Thomas the Tank Engine.
Scott is home by a decent hour now and I appreciate it. He is very busy with work and church. We had a week of rain and I have enjoyed it. We got more rain this week than all of last year combined. Flagstaff got 2 feet of snow. We need to head up there for sledding soon.
I have been doing physical therapy on my leg for almost two weeks. I have shin splints, which have caused the muscles to pull away from the bone. The muscles in my leg are compressing the main nerve that makes my foot go numb. I also have trigger points along my tibia that make my foot go numb. The doc says I won't be running for awhile. When he does give me the go-ahead, it will be for only 1/2 mile. That is only 4 minutes! 5 if I drag it out. I am really sad, but need to let my leg heal. I am definitely learning that I can't eat the way I did when I had those long Saturday runs! I'm trusting and being obedient so that I can one day find joy in running again.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
Those kids sure are cute! Sorry to hear that healing is going slowly, but hopefully it'll be stronger than ever with time. Keep being patient, I love you and miss you!
Michelle said…
I am so sorry about your leg. I can't imagine the pain you must be in physically and mentally because you can't run like it did. Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day