Summer 2010

Arycca and her little girl, McKinley

Tyler and Todd chasing London

Todd with Lacee and Landon

Tyler's little guy, Madden

Grandma Linda with Todd's little Lacee

Myles and London, Tyler's daughter

Bailey loved learning to play volleyball

Landon is happy with whatever ball he can find

Two of my handsome boys

The Hermanas-Keira, me, Jessie, Heidi and Janene

It's been almost 2 months since I last blogged. I can't say I have missed it, but I know we have a lot of activities to report. The best part of our summer was our trip to Utah. We loved seeing family and friends. I was able to spend some quality time with my siblings and Hermanas. My mom was still there from her visit from London so the kids got some more Grandma Linda time, too. The drive wasn't that bad but I still wish it wasn't so far.
Last night was our Ward Daddy/Daughter Pinewood Derby; it was a great night and the cars were so cute. We had a wonderful turnout (41 cars) and everyone seemed to have a good time. My committee kept it organized and well-run. I'm very grateful for all the help since it would have been a disaster had I done it alone!
Bailey started back to school this week. She has had a hard few days missing her friends from 2nd grade. We have said lots of prayers that she could make new friends and find her old friends at recess. The Lord really helped her and I'm glad for these opportunities she is having, learning to turn to the Lord and seeing Him help her. I think this next week will be even better for her.
Yesterday we sold my Mazda 626. We had that car 9 years and 145,000 miles. After a year battle with the A/C (and $1400 in repairs) we decided to cut our losses. I am really sad because it was paid off, got great gas mileage and had nothing else wrong with it. Now I am ready for a few things: (1) buying a "new" used car that we won't have to repair all the time (2) Myles' preschool to start (Sept. 7) Myles misses Bailey while she's gone and needs his own social time. (3) "Cooler" weather. I know it's all relative and we won't really see cooler temps until October, but I am looking very forward to it!

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
Are you ready to relax yet? You have been busy the last few months! Thanks again for coming to visit, I LOVED it! It was so fun seeing you and your family, I love you, Sister!
Megan Dougherty said…
Just reading this post made me miss you!! AND the hermanas!! So jealous! I get to visit the Spanish ward in my stake once a month. It is so fun to hear and speak the language I love! It brings back so many memories!! Glad you are having a good Summer!!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day