Grandma Peggy with Bailey and Brooklyn

Holly and Bradie

Bailey the Superstar

Myles at the dentist with Bubba Bear
(the traveling teddy bear from preschool)

Landon carrying around a box of cereal
(I'm biased but he's a handsome devil!)

It has been a busy two weeks, and some of what happened I hope to never repeat. 11 days ago I was stung by a scorpion and my toe is finally regaining feeling again. It was in our house, but we think it came home from school with Bailey in her jacket. The pain was worse than when I had to have my appendix out or even labor. I was so grateful it got me and not my kids. I have since sprayed furiously outside and in. I never want to see another scorpion in my house again. As Myles tells people, "We LOVE dead bugs!" I do love to see dead bugs outside. I haven't seen anything inside, which is a good sign.
Last Wednesday was a rough day for me. Full disclosure has always been my policy with this blog, so here goes: I was almost 13 weeks along, went in for a routine OB visit and found out we had lost the baby. I had no warnings this time around (this is our third miscarriage) and despite the fact that we had previously seen the heart beat on two separate visits, it seems this baby was not meant to be. I was very sad, especially since we thought this baby was going to make it out of the first trimester, but I have truly been blessed with peace and healing. The surgery went well and I am feeling good. The first miscarriage was in 2004 and I don't think anything will break my heart like that did. I don't know what the future holds for my little family, but I know we want at least one more child and will just have to see what the Lord's timetable is for us.
Let's have something happy now. Scott's sister, Holly, and her family came to visit this weekend from Virginia. We had a great time seeing them and Bailey and her cousin, Brooklyn really got along well. It reminds me of when I was little and my best friend was my cousin, Kerri. We rarely saw each other (my family lived all over the country while I was growing up) but we adored each other and I have such wonderful memories of being with Kerri. We do wish we had cousins for our kids to play with here, but will just have to adopt cousins of our own for the time being.

Comments

Marlene said…
Becky, I'm so sorry for your loss. Saying a prayer for your heart to be comforted. Love you.
Arycca Brothers said…
You are such a strong and amazing woman. You have incredible faith, and I am so lucky to have you in my life, Becky, I love you.
Megan Dougherty said…
Becky! I wish I lived down the street from you! I would come and kidnap your kiddos for a day (or two), make dinners for you and rub your feet (especially that toe! Ouch!). You ARE such an amazing woman!! Love ya!
Daniel doings said…
Saying I am sorry for your loss seems so inadequate. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I sure do miss seeing you and serving with you.
Janene said…
Becky! You cute thing, I really need to be catching up with you more often.

I can't believe you had a scorpion in your house! I'd be spraying the neighborhood too. They are my worst fear (so I tell the kids) when we are on the creepy crawly page of our animal book.

You're in my prayers tonight. Heavenly Father loves Y-O-U. (I do too :o)

p.s. thanks for the hermana pic. That was a lovely time! Except for the part about me eating in front of you all... hah!
Anonymous said…
Becky,
I just read this now so I had no idea! I am so sorry for your loss. I love you and am thinking of you.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day