Kitchen!


This is what you see when you enter our 
house and walk up the stairs -
a kitchen with a floor 


Fridge is where the fridge belongs - Woohoo! 


Dishwasher needs help but works


I have a pantry! 


So much more room 


Kitchen is totally different than when we
first moved in 8 months ago


So, many of you know me and some of my personality defects. I have been waiting to finish the kitchen before posting any pics because I wanted it to be DONE first. I was also planning on cleaning before taking the pictures. Didn't happen. This is where we are right now and it is good. We have come so far with so much left to do, but being in the process is no longer as torturous for me as it once was.

We have completely gutted our kitchen; the vaulted ceiling rocks compared to the low 7' ceiling of the past. We added different cabinets (that we sanded and painted). We have a pantry and those extra two inches that we needed to put the fridge in its place. We have our floor done, waving goodbye to the splinters from the subfloor we faced for two weeks.

We still have painting to do (touch up cabinets, paint the backerboard, finish painting the other half of the ceiling...); we still need to add the backsplash and put the baseboards up, and I would love to change the curtains and decorate, but the kitchen is 1000 times better than it has been since October when this project began.

I never would have chosen this "adventure" but really, it chose me. Many times I wished we had just left things as they once were, but now that we are so close to the finish line, I am grateful for the push to improve. I was not just improving the kitchen but myself as well. One great purpose of all of this was for me to learn that things don't have to be perfect to be good. I have learned a lot in this journey, mostly about myself and about my loving Heavenly Father, how even though I am flawed and have my ugly crawl spaces deep in my heart, He accepts me and loves me, extending His hand in mercy to help me clean out the old, unusable parts and helping me to become a better version of myself. I am so thankful He does not give up and doesn't want us to give up, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day