Life in Utah


I am pleased to state here and now that I have officially moved my heart to Utah. The trip home to Az for Christmas was a wonderful reminder that I will always be loved there by amazing people and I will always have the memories and the home to return to for holidays and special occasions. But God wants me in Utah and He didn't send me here as a punishment; He sent me here to thrive. I am doing things out of my comfort zone and it is so great for me. I am building a righteous sense of self-worth and I owe it all to Him.

My little family and I are able to spend time together here and truly connect. I feel I am a better mother now, that I am not just going through the motions but am truly enjoying them and the little moments. Scott is around so much more than when we lived in Arizona and he had a horrendous commute and a very demanding job.

I am bettering myself at Master's swim a few times a week. I am writing for the South Valley Journal, covering the government beat in Riverton. I have made good friends and reconnected with past friends and cousins that were here all along. Sunday I will be put into a different position at church that will stretch me and hopefully enable me to put my heart into the people here as I did in Arizona.

We recently found out that Scott's boss at work has colon cancer; he is younger than we are with a wife and two little kids. This has really got us discussing what matters most, what we would want to do as a family if we knew our time was limited. We are learning that we can seize the moment without everything having to fit some preconceived notion of "perfect," that kids don't really care what we do as long as we are together and making it fun. Life is tough but also full of surprises and moments of joy.  It is definitely what you make of it, with God's help.

"JOY is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
- Marianne Williamson



Comments

Jen Lee said…
We are certainly glad that your family moved to Utah! You are a wonderful example of faith and making the most of life.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day