Scott has a new girlfriend. I call his laptop his "mistress" and his newest love is his Iphone. He got a really great deal from someone at church who had to have a new one. He is so excited about all that it can do that I can't help but be happy, too. I'm so glad he found a great deal and knows how to make it work with T-mobile. Now I get my Ipod back that he "borrowed" (i.e. stole) from me when his video Ipod stopped working. Happy days in the Barber technology department.
Bailey is having a hard time with first grade. I think we were spoiled with how wonderful her kindergarten teacher was. Her first grade teacher is not as warm as I guess I was envisioning. This is her first year teaching this age group and I think she is expecting a little too much from these kids. They are still only six. We are having great teaching moments with Bailey, though. She is learning to pray in her head when she needs help and she and I are also bonding better. I just love her so much; I hate to see her sad to go to school. Most days are good and Myles and I try to eat lunch with her at least once a week. She is such a great girl. Friends with older kids promise that it will get better by third grade. I hope so! Two years is a long time to wait. Bailey tells me that all the time because she wants to be baptized now. It's a third of her life!
We don't have any news on Willy. He doesn't meet with his doctor until September third. He has recovered really well from surgery and is waiting for the doctor to tell him to go back to work; he's bored to tears at home.
Myles is still so much fun. We are enjoying our days together. He is really smart. He recognizes most of the letters in the alphabet and is trying to say everything he hears. He likes to write a lot of letters, too. It's interesting how some kids start speaking in full sentences or others potty train early. Myles isn't interested in either of those things; I'll let him tell me when he's ready. That's how it works with him.
I am so curious as to what our new baby is going to be like. What will he look like? Will he be as strong-willed as my other two? How will Myles react? Bailey is excited and prays for him. Feel free to pass along any names our way since Scott and I don't agree on any!
Last night our midweek Enrichment activity was game night at my house. We had homemade ice-cream and played board games. I recommend this idea to my friends with the same calling.It was really successful and we are going to make it a once a month activity. We laughed and really got to know each other without having to spend money or plan too much. I never used our ice-cream maker before last night, either. That was a lot of work and really expensive. I don't recommend that part. Other than that, we had a great turnout and it was a lot of fun.

Comments

Everything sounds fun and wow do I understand that iPhone phenomena thats going on with Scott. Those things DOMINATE peoples lives! hahah love it.

Some names..
Landon
Rhett
Riley
Cowan
Dominic
Lance
Brendan
Gregory
Brent
Dean
Jack
Erich
Dallan
Jeffrey
Adam
Patrick
Dylan
Cody
Jared
...are all names of a few boys I've heard recently, from kids of friends, coworkers etc. Good luck with coming up with one! I'm sure any you finally do choose will be perfect.
Janene said…
great enrichment idea. I think I'll just organize that. not to grumble too much, but our ward in that arena feels totally ka-put!
Aw YAY I feel super special now haha. Yea I was hoping yall would choose that one thats why I put it first. Congrats on finally agreeing I know that must be tough!

Take care :)

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day