Pink Eye!!!!

I woke up to the lovely sound of my screaming newborn at 1 am this morning and my right eye was burning. Turns out I have pink eye; I have never had it before and neither has Scott or the kids. I cannot believe how painful it is! I remember my greenie, Hermana Pocock had it in Venezuela. The revered cure-all down there is the lemon. Everywhere we went the people would tell her to squeeze a little lemon juice into her eye. Can you imagine how painful that would be? Not to mention what it might do to her eyesight. All I can say is thank goodness for medicated eye drops. It temporarily relieves the pain and I can't wait to be cured from this. 24 hours cannot pass soon enough!
Yesterday our lesson was on the Second Coming. Bailey often asks me about when the Savior will come and what it will be like. I cannot wait to see the Savior and see what life will be like then. Aside from the spiritual wonders I also look forward to not being tired or being subject to physical ailments. I sure appreciate my health and body much more after sickness. I am grateful for the gentle reminders of all that I have and enjoy.

Comments

Jill Elizabeth said…
How the H did you get pinkeye? In the words of Mater, dad gum.

I wouldn't try lemon juice, either. I got some in my eye the other day and it was one of the more painful experiences I've had in my adult life. Maybe it's supposed to burn the pinkeye out. Along with the better portion of your rods and cones.
Anonymous said…
Oh man, I feel bad for you. Mason had pink eye a few weeks ago-NOT FUN!
Rebecca said…
Now that Bailey is in school, get ready to get diseases you've never heard of. (Hand-foot-mouth, fifth's disease,...) Just pray that no one ever gets lice. We have had everything but that. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
Get better.
Dana G said…
OUCH!! Lemon Juice in the eye? Why not pour in some jalapeno juice while you are at it...In "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" it was Windex!!!
Jamie Bowers said…
I am sorry, pink eye is very painful!! Ugh! We just got your christmas card. DARLING family that we still lived in Syracuse!!
Janene said…
I'm going to teach the primary kids "I Wonder When He Comes Again" as part of 2009's program, because I love how beautiful that song is as it talks about the 2nd coming. It has such a nice melody and seems like it was written through the eyes of a child.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day