Las Vegas

We went to Las Vegas last weekend. My grandparents were there for the college basketball championships and invited us to stay with them in their timeshare. The kids were so good in the car. I sat by Landon most of the way but it helped. He didn't cry unless he was hungry. I really don't enjoy being cooped up in the car, but my kids were great so I can't complain.
I don't enjoy the Vegas atmosphere and we avoided the strip completely. Friday night we went to dinner with Jennifer, a friend from high school and her husband. They live in northwest Vegas; I think most of Vegas is pretty ugly but where they live reminded me of Mesa. On Saturday we spent the morning with my grandma and grandpa. That afternoon we went to see Megan, one of my mission companions who also lives in Vegas. She and I ran over to the Las Vegas temple to see a friend from our mission who had just gotten married. It was so great to see her so happy. Scott took the kids to a great park and they played hard. That night we went back to Megan's house for dinner.
Sunday we spent some more time with my grandparents before they went home. We went to church with Jennifer and then had an early dinner at her home. Landon didn't sleep very well on the trip so we decided to come home Sunday night instead of Monday morning. The kids were exhausted and actually slept in the car! We didn't get home until midnight and although I am exhausted, I am so glad we went. It was really nice to see family and friends. It's nice to remember different periods of my life and see that I still am the same fun person that I used to be before kids and sleep deprivation. I love my life now and wouldn't change anything, but it is nice to know that I won't always be this worn out!
*Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Comments

You are Super Mom! We missed you Sunday :-)
Anonymous said…
Wow Becky! You have a fun life! I am jealous! Miss you!
We HATE Vegas too. My mom always said it was a "dirty city". I think I agree. Glad you could get away. LOVE YOU!!! Next time, give us a call and we can meet for lunch...we're only 90 miniutes away!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day