This past week has been the pits! I had the stomach flu last weekend and it took me a few days to get over that. Starting Monday Landon decided to stop sleeping well and began waking up every couple of hours all night long. He wasn't hungry, just forgot how to sleep and wanted Mom to hold him. Well, I love my kids and don't mind holding them during the day, but I need my sleep! I need more than a three hour stretch at a time to be a nice mommy. We began letting Landon cry it out. It has been horrible. The first two nights of that he would cry for at least 1/2 hour and then do it again two hours later. Then he began sleeping well until 2am and then waking up every two hours after that. I try so hard to be asleep by 10 but even then I only get four full hours. After that I have a very hard time going back to sleep. Next thing I know, it's time to get up and get Bailey to school.
We got Myles a toddler bed; my friend was selling hers and we got the bed, mattress and mattress pad for only $20. Thanks, Valerie! Myles does well at night, but has stopped napping now that he discovered his newfound freedom. I take out all toys and books but he still finds something to play with. One time he was examining his humidifier for entertainment. He never leaves his room, but he'll knock on the door, or yell or kick his closet doors. I am not giving in, though. He is a bear without sleep and once the novelty wears off he will nap again. (I hope and pray, at least!) He's been going to bed before 7 because I can't stand him anymore. I miss my happy, easy-going little buddy. I hope we find him again soon.
However, last night we had a breakthrough with Landon! He went to bed at 7pm and Scott and I had our first real date without any kids. It was fabulous. We had DQ blizzards and went window shopping. We spent about $2200 in our heads; I love that. Anyway, Landon slept until 4am! He ate really well and then went right back to sleep until 7. Bless this child. I really do love my kids so much more when they sleep. I admit, my love is conditional at times.

Comments

You poor kid!! I had wondered about you this week! The flu, no sleep...NOT fun!!

The pics of the kids are absolutely adorable, BTW...it sure helps when they smile so cute... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day