Bailey and I went on a mother/daughter date yesterday. It was so much fun to spend time with just her. We don't get to do that very often. I am grateful that Scott took the boys. Very rarely do I get to relax with Bailey and I regret that. Between Landon's total newborn dependence and Myles' recent inclination toward melt-downs, Bailey sees a stressed-out mom a lot of the time. She is such a fun girl. We went to a nearby water park and had a blast. I let her lead me. We went in the lazy river, down the waterslides and over to the lap pool. Then I watched her on the diving board, we got snacks and did it all over again. I have acclimmated to Mesa because it was 90 degrees and I was freezing. The water was so cold. I was a good sport for about an hour and a half, but after that I was more of a spectator than a participant. I commiserated with the other cold moms. People really don't swim if the weather is less than 100 degrees here and now I know why!
I love my Bailey and am so glad I could spend that time with her. I was able to enjoy her and give her the endless attention she craves. She is a happy girl with a lot of energy. I was really proud of her for trying the red slide. She has been afraid of it because it was dark inside, but after seeing me go down a few times, she tried it and loved it. I am so glad she was willing to try something new. I have noticed she sometimes holds herself back because of fear. I hope to be able to build her confidence up so she will be more comfortable trying new things. When I see my bad traits in her I want to jump in and spare her those lessons. I want her to be better than I am but need to step back and let her be her. That is hard for me to do but I am working on it. She is worth all my efforts to be a better mom and I am thankful that the Lord sent her to me.

Comments

I love this! You are so awesome!
Anonymous said…
How fun! I need to do that with Kendall sometime! I always regret that I am not able to give Kendall enough personal time also.
jgirl said…
I feel it's important to spend personal time with all of our kids on occasion, it helps them feel that they are important as individuals in their parents eyes.=0) I struggle with the letting my daughter be herself as well, I want her to be the very best version of herself and letting go, as a parent, is never easy...
Dana G said…
What a fun day! Bailey will remember that one for a long time. You are good parents, I am proud of you. Cute kids.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day