Yesterday we had a family swim day. Landon took a much-needed nap while we played with Bailey and Myles. Scott and I took turns sitting in the sun by our sleeping baby while the other froze in the water. I never thought I would be excited for temps above 105, but bring on the heat! We also had a papa john's pizza for $1.08, thanks to a fun promotion for Az residents.
Bailey decided she wanted to swim some laps to prepare for swim team, which starts on Monday. She kept going and going, swimming 16 laps before it was time to go. She and I are both so excited for her to do swim team. She has always loved swimming and it comes naturally to her. Fortunately this is a great climate for swimming!
Myles has been fearful of the water this year. Yesterday he got brave and actually put his face in the water, but mostly he sticks to the shallow end. The pool we go to most has beach entry which is perfect for him. He is a smarty-pants; Myles finds shapes and letters in anything and can spell his name. He starts a summer preschool program on Tuesdays and Thursdays during June and July. He is quite social and I'm hoping being around older kids will help him take a little more interest in the potty.
Landon has not improved much in the sleeping arena, nor has he warmed up to his physical therapy requirements. He is incredibly strong and I can no longer keep him in the right position to stretch his neck unless I am carrying him and have gravity on my side. Last night I was out late with friends and decided to preemptively feed him so that I could get a longer stretch. He generally will sleep 7-8 hours and then eat every two hours the rest of the night/day. I woke him up at 11, fed him and slept until 4; after giving him the pacifier, he went back to sleep until 6. I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep (uninterrupted) in a long time. I am going to try this new approach for awhile because, as we all know, I need my sleep!

Comments

Janene said…
heat, nothing! I say bring on the cheap papa johns! :o) sounds like so much fun... and reminds me of our fun get-together last summer

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day