I have to talk about my day on Tuesday because it was frustrating and wonderful all at once. I took Landon to physical therapy; this is about 25 minutes from our house and close to the Mesa temple. Afterward I had to exchange some garments at the distribution center and Myles wanted to see the temple. Unfortunately, I locked my keys in the car at the distribution center and had carried Landon in so I didn't have a car seat for him. I have great friends who rallied together to come get me after we sought out another infant seat to bring for Landon. Myles and Landon and I walked over to the temple while we were waiting for our rescue team. It was a hot day to be walking (it's been hovering around 100 for two weeks), but as we got to the temple I felt a light breeze and knew it was a sweet reminder from Heavenly Father that even in rough moments life is good. I also had a thought that when things are going really badly, get to the temple and it will be okay. I just love the temple and miss being able to go as often as before my little people came into my life. It is even more of a sanctuary for me now!
Next Thursday is Bailey's last day of school. I am so ready for summer and am excited to swim and play with my kids. I can hardly believe that June is almost here and that she will be a 2nd grader. We have been swimming a few times with friends. Bailey has always been a strong swimmer and I am looking forward to her being on a swim team. That will wear her out big time! Myles has decided that he is afraid of the water this year and I don't mind it because he sits on the steps and plays about waist-deep. That makes it easier to watch him while I am holding Landon. My little guy loves the water so much. The second his feet touch water he's kicking and wiggling around. I was worried about him fitting into our summer agenda of swimming and napping, but it looks like he is falling in line quite nicely. I look forward to fun times this summer with my kids and friends.

Comments

This is exactly what I was talking about...the kind of blogs that inspire me to look for the bright side on a weekend with non-working A/C!! YOU ROCK! Love you girl!
Janene said…
do you remember being thankful for every blessed breeze in Venezuela? I sure do! I swear they seemed to come when I most needed them.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day