Super short just in time for the dependable heat!


Garage sale day - so grateful for Spring and Jeremy's help!




So much to update! We did our first (and last according to Scott) garage sale. Our neighborhood does one every six months so we decided to take advantage and dejunk this place. We got rid of a lot and donated a ton of things. Although now I've noticed I have enough for another garage sale and no desire to do it. We got some bunk beds off craigslist for Myles and Bailey; I painted their room and now they are sharing. We moved the office to Myles' old room and now our "office" has become a preschool! I have been feeling for a few months that I should start a preschool. I have been terrified of failure, but I'm not letting that hold me back any longer. My friend and I are starting it up in August and I am so excited. It will be a lot of fun and I will be using my Spanish, too. I think this time with Landon will be great, too.
My cousin, Jeremy, stayed with us and we loved seeing him come and go. Unfortunately he was here during a major transition between rooms. At least he had a bed! We put him to work at the garage sale, too. I can't wait to head up to Utah to see my family and extended family. I love living here, but there's definitely a void in my heart at times. Today marks our fifth year of being in this home. I can hardly believe how much we've evolved as a family and how quickly the time has flown.
I chopped my hair and am so glad. I have so much more volume (except in this pic!) and I can no longer throw it in a ponytail and go. I'm very lucky that I have curly hair (never thought I'd say that!) but I really just wash it and go. I love it.
We put Bailey and Myles' names into a lottery system for an amazing school. It's the ASU Preparatory Academy. It's a small school that focuses on academics and allowing children to move at their own pace in all subjects, something public schools are simply too big to do. I have felt strongly about it since my friend told me about it. I'm also thrilled that the kids have to wear uniforms (sorry, Bailey). K-4 is in one school and 5-8 (middle school) and 9-12 (high school) are together on the ASU polytechnic campus. These kids will be using college labs for chemistry and the 12th graders will be attending college classes but with their peers, not with older college students. Lottery night placed Bailey #5 out of one 4th grade opening and Myles was #78 out of 28 openings. My hope was that B would get in and that would bump Myles up to the sibling priority list. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Myles would get in but he did. We are so excited. Now B is bumped up to #2 on her list because Myles is in. If she doesn't get in this year she will automatically be in for 5th grade. I am so excited for the opportunities my kids will have that I never got. We live in such a great place. They begin teaching Spanish in kindergarten. 9th graders start learning Mandarin. From kindergarten on the kids have an emphasis placed on going to college and becoming productive members of society. I'll stop babbling about it, but I am psyched about him getting in!

Comments

Daniel doings said…
I am so glad that you have a blog, it allows me to feel like I am keeping up with you and your wonderful family, seeing as how I do not get to see you very often. Love you hair, I saw it Easter Sunday but was unable to get to you and tell you personally. Love the pictures!
Marlene said…
Sounds like an awesome school set up! Hope they both make it in. :)
Janene said…
starting a preschool! You can do it!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day