Bailey is 10!




Bailey is ten years old. I still remember the day she was born. I remember the first time I felt her move in my belly - it felt like a fish swimming across my stomach. She has been such a blessing in my life since day one. Of my three kids, she was and still is the best sleeper. She is strong and independent, but still loves being with me. I hope that lasts; I hope we can make it through the next ten treacherous years. Bailey is social, smart and sometimes sassy. She is so much like me; that is where we clash. I want so much more for her, hope for her to not have my weaknesses, but then I take a step back. I want her to have the freedom to be who she is without apology. I'm sure my parents did their best at being parents, but I never want my kids to feel that who they are is not good enough. Aren't we all trying to be better than our parents were and hoping our kids will turn out even better than we did?

I have never met anyone more determined than Bailey. When she wants something, look out world! She earned enough money to buy a nook in a few short months. I believe someday she really will own a horse. She is so sweet and kind, never leaving people out. She is a born leader, but since moving I have seen a shy side to her. I don't like the lack of confidence that has crept in; Scott and I are working to give her more choices so she can have a safe place to make decisions and learn to trust herself.

Bailey is a wonderful person and she had a great birthday yesterday. She got to do an hour-long trail ride, followed by shopping at the downeast warehouse (our new favorite place). She babysat our neighbor's dogs then took a friend to dinner and a movie. We are doing a family party on Saturday to stretch out the birthday extravaganza. Bailey deserves it. I love you, my beautiful daughter!

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
Happy Birthday Bailey! That's so awesome, i can't believe she's already 10! Crazy!
whipplewife said…
She IS so much like you, Bec! You never left anyone out either! You were determination plus with every decision you made! You worked so hard! You were always at the top of your class in everything you did! And, there is no question that you are a much better mom than I ever will be! Your kids are so lucky to have you! You are amazing and I love you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day