Break through!


Sometimes it doesn't take much to have a break through. My kids are in school and I have been so productive. I painted some accents walls in our bathroom. My sister had this a fun mistint from Sherwin Williams (very similar to above). The kids' bathroom upstairs really needs help (old flower wallpaper - YUCK) but I wanted a project that I could do quickly. I wanted instant gratification and this is the way to go. An hour here, an hour there and I am done. I am doing an accent wall in my room today.

Bailey is enjoying school. She is able to find a friend from church with whom to eat and do recess. She has a fun teacher and even though she says "school is never-ending and long" I know she is happy. She also started gymnastics last week. She wants to be in the Olympics. I remember badly wanting to be a swimmer in the Olympics.

Myles is another story. The novelty of school wore off after two days. He says he is bored and does not like recess because he can't find any friends. I went to see B during her lunch then stayed and went with Myles to his. He asked me to stay for recess so we went outside. A couple of boys from his class asked him to play with them; he didn't want to but we went together. He reluctantly played. We had a talk. He said he missed Arizona every day. (Me, too, buddy!) I gave him some advice that I have been giving myself, too. Heavenly Father wants us here so we need to build a happy life and make friends. That morning we said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help Myles find a friend. I guess He answered it by me being there.

Landon starts preschool next week. We are doing a co-op with some other moms and kids. We get the Halloween party and the Christmas party. I am really excited, but not as much as Landon. He has been counting down the days and he tells everyone he meets.

We are going camping this weekend with my dad's side of the family. Sadly our little family has not camped before. Isn't that crazy? I used to backpack with friends in Colorado and my kids don't even know what it's like to sleep in a tent. I am excited to get away and to have some fun time with family and cousins. I am also excited to be somewhere without wi-fi so we can have more time with Scott.

Comments

Holly said…
Glad you're doing better! I keep meaning to call...

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day