Bailey and Myles are in swim lessons and the stark differences in their personalities are entertaining, to say the least.
Bailey has always loved the water and has a natural propensity for swimming. In her class she is always the first to volunteer. She loves to try new things. She is very confident and does really well in the water.
Myles, on the other hand, does not like to do what is expected of him. He will not do what the other kids are doing, but shouts, "No!" the whole time. An example of this: the teacher asks the kids to blow bubbles. Myles refuses and cries. The rest of the kids comply and blow their bubbles. When the teacher moves on to back floats, (which is like death to Myles-he detests being on his back) then Myles quietly blows bubbles to himself, after thrashing around and screaming to get out of me forcing him to float on his back.
Swim lessons are over tomorrow and I am glad! I don't like having to be somewhere at a certain time every day. It is at 10:10 and I never get out to run errands beforehand; by the time we finish, change and eat lunch, it's too hot and I'm too rundown to do my errands.
Were swim lessons worth it? Yes and no. We got in a pool at the perfect time of day and enjoyed free lunches at the neighboring high school. Myles didn't learn to swim but learned to assert himself against swimming and authority. (Is this a good thing? I'm not convinced.) I had to don a maternity suit (yuck) and Bailey improved her backstroke. I do have good memories of spending the time with Myles in the water and watching Bailey do what she love best. I guess it was worth it in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day