We had a wonderful time in Utah this past week. Friday we left about 4:30am, thinking we would have the kids sleep for a few hours of the trip. We were sorely mistaken! The kids were wide awake, even though it was dark and Scott and I didn't even talk. Myles took about an hour nap during the 12-hour trip. Fortunately the kids were so good in the car. We even made it to Page without putting a DVD on; that is four and a half hours of just singing and talking, quite a feat in the media-dependent age. That night we were able to meet with all the sisters who served with me in Venezuela (who live in Utah) for a fun pizza/pool party. Saturday we spent the day with Tyler and Shelley before they left on their vacation. Arycca was able to give up her Saturday to be with us, too.
Sunday was a Barnes family reunion of sorts. We loved seeing Aunt Shae from Texas and visiting with my dad's family. My cousins' kids are so cute. Myles had a good time with their boys and I enjoyed seeing my cousins as parents.
Monday and Tuesday we were up in the mountains at my aunt and uncle's timeshare. We were about 9,500 feet up. The view was breathtaking. The cool mountain air was such a nice break from the heat. We were able to hike and swim and go boating with them. We loved having some downtime, since the rest of our trip was over-scheduled and we felt like we were always an hour late to something! Wednesday was Cherry Hill day with the Masons. I have so many memories of the summers that Bailey and I spent swimming at that fun water park.
Thursday was spent with my mom's side of the family. That night we celebrated Pioneer Day with Justin and his family. Judy put on a great fireworks show in their driveway. Bailey and Justin still get along really well and she was able to spend a few days with him. Friday was a long drive home, but the next time we do it I will be nursing a baby, so I shouldn't complain. The kids did great; I was the one dying to get out of the car. I strongly dislike road trips.
We had a great time visiting with so many friends and loved ones. I know we missed a lot of you, but our trip was short and too busy. We are exhausted from all that we were able to do. I seemed to have made the cross-over from living in Arizona to calling it home. This is where we belong, no matter how much fun we have with our friends and family in Utah. I have great memories of our life in Utah and miss the family get-togethers, the great friends and seeing the ladies from my mission. On the other hand, I love Arizona and the life we have here. Even the heat can't keep me from wanting to settle down here. I love it!
Now we are focused on getting Bailey ready for 1st grade; she starts school on August 6th. I am also swamped trying to finalize Super Saturday plans. I loved our vacation and not worrying about real life for awhile (not that my life is bad) but a break now and then is so necessary.

Comments

It was very nice to see your family. NExt time you can stay longer... and eat our food.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day