At my appointment two weeks ago my doctor told me, "Let's try not to have another 9 pounder." Uh, gee, doctor, I really liked being 8 days past my due date with Myles and then having an enormous baby boy to lug around. At the last appointment he says, "You can go into labor anytime now." Hmmm. And how am I supposed to do that? I am not dilated (I wasn't even to a 1 the day before I had Myles) and my body doesn't like to be induced. We tried to induce Myles three days before the due date and I was in full labor for 12 hours and didn't dilate at all. Please don't tell me to take castor oil, either. If being induced doesn't work, then castor oil will only make me very sick and dehydrated. I would much rather wait for when my body decides.
I am truly okay with that. I have already planned to be a week late and we aren't buying newborn size diapers or clothes. I padded my due date by a week and have been able to mentally stick to it. I thought I would be more anxious, but last night when I was at Target and Bailey and Myles were running around crazy, I thought about when I have another child and I won't be able to just pick up and go to the store for a quick trip. Nothing is quick with a newborn, except when you just fall asleep and the next thing you know, two hours have passed and it's time to wake up and feed the baby again. Amazingly, I am able to just enjoy this time right now because I know sleep deprivation and pure exhaustion are on the way. I do want to see this little guy, though.....

Comments

Mary said…
I hope you have a speedy delivery...it doesn't sound like that's what your body does...but we can hope!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day