Treasures

"For where your treasure is there will your heart be also" -Matthew 6:21
My kids are my treasure. Cheesy, but true. Bailey helped Myles say the family prayer tonight before bedtime. It was one of those moments where everything is right: the kids are getting along, Scott is home so we are all together and the house is peaceful. She said these grownup sentences, like, "Bless Mom to be okay and Landon to be healthy. Bless Dad to get the things done that he needs to." Myles would just say the last word or two of each sentence. It was so sweet and my heart melted. My kids are growing up so fast and I can't stop it. I just love the ages that they are at and wish I could freeze time for awhile. Myles is going through the potty stage (we're not even close to potty-training him) but he likes to say, "poo poo, pee pee" and laugh like it's the greatest joke ever told. Bailey told him tonight that "those words aren't appropriate" and Scott and I could not hold back the laughter. I have to choose my words carefully because these kids pick up on everything. I just love my kids and can't wait to love little Landon, too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bec,
I totally feel the same way. Sometimes I get so frustrated with my kiddos, especially with Mik being gone so much. And then I will watch them all hold hands or cheer on Mason when he does something new and I just realize how very precious they are. Love you too!
Nan said…
I love when everything seems peaceful and kids are getting along. I love those moments when the kids are helping each other. I so wish they weren't so far between.;)
Holly said…
Bailey and Myles are so sweet, I miss them! I have to laugh at the floating baby on your blog though- as if a baby due in 32 days really has room to move- ha! You're getting so close. We can't wait to see pics of baby Landon too!
Anonymous said…
Your kids certainly are adorable! Bailey is going to be such a good helper with Landon too, she is a perfect big sister.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day