Barber Family update


I just love my little family. Landon isn't always crying, but he seems to be whenever I get the camera out. He has stopped giving me the 4-5 hour sleeping periods that my body was getting used to. He is so unpredictable still. I'm giving him two more months to sleep 6 hours straight before we start letting him cry it out. He is starting to smile at us (on purpose!) and is very social. He does not like to be alone when he is awake. Both Myles and Bailey do a good job at making him happy.
I am not looking forward to potty-training Myles at all. He is going to be 3 in June and although I don't enjoy changing his diapers, I'm going to wait until his birthday to begin. I would love for him to show interest before then, but it's not looking that way right now. He is so much fun. His love affair with the movie, "Cars" cracks me up. I'm still not sick of it even though we watch parts of it every day. He gets so mad if I turn it off before it's over, so I start it at the end and let him watch 1/2 hour. As long as he sees the credits, he's okay to turn it off. I'm in trouble when he starts to figure out what he's missing.
Bailey is obsessed with lip gloss. At school and at church the cool thing is to bring your lip gloss and trade with everyone. One little girl brought 6 of her mom's Victoria's secret lip glosses (without her mom knowing) and gave them all away. Bailey was pretty sad when I told her she had to give it back. Bailey loves having the wii and I love having some good leverage to get her to do her chores. She is really getting good at wii sports and mariokart. She just told me that she would like me to call her Ashley from now on because that's he nickname. Such a fun age right now!
I'm starting to feel like I can handle three kids. I still have a hard time grocery shopping with all three at the same time, but it's getting better. I bought a baby wrap that Landon loves. Scott says I look like I am wearing an Indian sari when I have it on, but whatever keeps Landon happy is worth it. For anyone looking for a good baby wrap, www.sleepywrap.com is the way to go. It is the only carrier I have tried that doesn't hurt my back, and my boys are big as babies so that says a lot.
Scott is still busy at work and church. I was hoping for work to slow down once the Christmas season ended, but he still ends up working a lot after he gets home and on weekends. I keep my mouth shut, though, because we are so grateful that he has a good job in this economy.
I am excited to have Landon blessed on February 1st. My mom, her parents and my aunt and uncle are all coming out to celebrate. I am so glad that we will have some family there. It was going to be a pretty small circle with just Scott and the bishop. Actually, we are very blessed to have good friends here that we consider family. I just love living here and am so thankful to be at this point in my life. Even though being a mom of young kids is exhausting, I can understand why women miss this time of life. I hope to be able to have a few more kids so that we'll have big family get togethers someday. I do miss getting together with family and have already starting telling Bailey that she cannot move away from us. Fat chance, since she is convinced that once she turns 18 she is moving back to Utah. I'm glad we have a few years before that happens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are awesome at handling three kids. I don't know how I would manage. Honestly it scares me a little to think about it, hence why I'm stopping at 2. Jadyn loves lip gloss too, and I remember her giving all those lip glosses away. I appreciate her generous spirit though :) She must have gotten ten lip glosses for Christmas and used half of them all up in the first week.
Great picture! I laughed at Bailey's nickname. When K.C. was small she decided that she would only answer to the name "Sally Goba"...where do they get such amazing imaginations? Ii am thankful that Scott is busy...this is a scary time in America. Hope to see you soon. LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
You are an awesome mom, Becky! Love you and your family!! P.S. I am a personal witness to the fact that Landon has an adorable smile. :-)
Janene said…
Cute, cute, family. It is good for me to read this, because I am so worried about THREE. :o/

Tell Ashley "hi" for me!
It sounds like you are all doing well. Ty potty trained for a week or se until the toilet at Applebee's scared him. After that he was fine not going potty and wearing a diaper. I was a little releived, but now I know that I will have to start over someday. I hope that Myles will soon be ready, there are so many perks to not having to change icky diapers. Bailey, or Ashley, is growing so fast. I remember the lip gloss phase but I was way older. She is growing up to fast!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day