My dad loved the Dilbert comic strip so I put it up for him. Today would be his 56th birthday. How fortunate for him to be in a place where you don't age, don't get tired and don't have any worldly concerns at all. I do believe that he is aware of what is going on in my life and in the lives of those he loves. Sometimes I feel him near and it makes me want to be a better person. Sometimes I wonder what he told my kids about me before they came to earth. I can imagine him explaining that although I am a little crazy and very impatient, I do love them and want what's best for them. I wonder if Landon can see him or Scott's dad sometimes when he is staring off into space and smiling.
My dad has been gone for almost ten years now. Not a day goes by where I don't think about him and miss him. I miss the lost opportunities with him, especially now that I have kids. I know he would have been the best grandpa. He loved babies and little kids. I am looking forward to a big family reunion where we can catch up and just be together. I love you, Dad!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Becky!
I know what you mean about "missing the lost opportunities" when someone you love is gone. I definately feel that way about my little brother. I really "miss" having the chance of having a sibling who is close in age to me and all the fun experiences that would bring. Happy Birthday to your father. I hope you are doing well. Love you!
I know how you feel. Every time I find a penny on the ground I think it was sent by my dad!!! Kinda corny, but it makes me think of him every day also.

Our new address is 1437 Victors
Santa Clara, Utah 84765

I only have Scotts email address and he NEVER answers me...so, send me yours and we can keep in touch.

I love you

Patsy
Nan said…
I love this post about your Dad. I am sure he is there watching over you.

Your little babe is so cute and what a good babe to be sleeping so long already. Sleep is what keeps us sane!
Janene said…
I believe that heaven is closer than we take the time to think about. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love you, friend!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day