Today was the perfect day. After doing Saturday chores and cleaning up the backyard, we went to the park and had a great time together. Bailey is so strong; she could do the monkey bars all day. Myles is finally enjoying the swings and is a little dare devil on the ladder and slides. Landon loves being outside and is a lot more alert lately. He is determined to find his thumb, although he closes his little fist around it. He ends up frustrated that his whole fist won't fit in his mouth. He is so much fun.  The weather is incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better day with my little family.
"Men are that they might have joy." I have been trying to emulate all my great friends who really take time to enjoy their kids. I need to slow down sometimes. Life isn't always sunshine and roses, but I can certainly enjoy it more AS IT IS rather than waiting for everything to be as I want it to be. Scott and Peggy (his mom) are great examples of people who see the positive in everything. I am grateful for their examples and for my little family for loving me as I am.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish it was warm enough for us to go to the park! Maybe in May??? We'll see! You are a great mom. As mothers we all sometimes get caught up in "I will be happy when..." But, I know that as moms we all love our kids and really try our best! YOur kids are so cute!
I love love love these pics!! And your attitude!!
Jill Wright said…
Becky,
When can we come see you? What time is your church on Sunday? Maybe we can come to the blessing. I really want to see Landon and catch up with you guys. You two make some very good lookin kiddos!
Janene said…
I love that top picture of Landon and you! We had a happy day Saturday too, mostly working and I have to say it was great just to be together.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day