On March 27th we marked the 10 year mark of losing my dad. I never forget the date. Every time the clock says 3:27 I think of my dad. Lately, though, I only know what day of the week it is (I still can't believe it's April) and I kept forgetting that Friday was the 27th. I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be. Life moves on because it has to. This is the Lord's plan and so I trust it. I miss my dad every day, especially as I think about how different my life is now. I have a wonderful husband and three kids that don't know my dad. When I see my friend's kids with their grandpa I get a little jealous because my kids don't have that. However, they have two devoted grandmas and 5 great-grandparents who adore them. I look forward to having time with my dad in the next life to get reacquainted and to share our life stories. There is a lot that I don't know about my dad and vice-versa. I know the Lord has more than made up for the fact that my dad passed away. I am surrounded by friends and family who love me. I would be a brat to not appreciate that and to know from what Source it all comes. I miss my dad, but feel him near. I'm so thankful for the gospel and the eternal perspective it gives me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day