Scott and I have been attending the "Strengthening Family" course that the church offers. I love it and am learning so much. Who knew that remaining calm when my kids beat each other (and other kids) up would work so well? Actually, I have changed some bad habits (like my SARCASTIC remarks) and my kids are responding well. I am so excited to be a better parent. When Scott and I took the marriage course last year it was just nice to have a set date night that was cheap. We learned a lot, but I also tried to apply the communication and anger management part to my relationship with Bailey. I am grateful for this class because I need to manage my three kids better. I love learning new and improved ways of doing things. I can't wait to be better and am already enjoying my kids so much more and it's only been two classes. The possibilities are endless. ;)

Comments

Megan Dougherty said…
Thanks for the insight. I want to take this class now. Madelyn is turning 3 in a month and she is turning into a very defiant and smart little girl. I would love to learn how to be more patient and loving with this new alien that has taken over my sweet little girl.
jgirl said…
Ahh, whoever said patience is a virtue didn't have small children! This being said, how you, yourself respond to whatever your child is dishing out makes all the difference in how they are going to react! Easier said then done, of course!=0) What a great course to be offered by the church!
Janene said…
ooooooh.... sign me up! I think it is great that there are so many resources for learning in our parenting.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day