Myles is 5!












Myles turned 5 on Friday and I can hardly believe it. He says he's ready for kindergarten to start now. He definitely is, but I'll still miss him. He had a blast at his two parties, one for friends and one for family. I got a great groupon for Bounce U so the kids had two hours of bouncing, then chicken nuggets and cake. Later that night we had Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jill over for pizza and cake. He also got to go to the train park with Grandma and Grandpa yesterday. I think this is his best birthday yet.
My summer has been going really well. I don't know why I never set up a schedule before, but it has made every day fun. In the mornings we do chores, Bailey goes to swim team and then we do something fun (and run errands). We come home, eat lunch, put Landon down while the kids have an hour of quiet time. From 2-4 they can have media time or friends over. I also decided that we are not having friends over every day. That is too much for me. Around 4:30 we head to the YMCA to work out and swim. Then we have dinner and put the kids down we so can start over again the next day. I'm surprised, but the kids have complied well. I thought they would riot after a few days.
I am doing the preschool on my own! My friend had to back out for personal reasons and after having some time to digest that, I have been planning curriculum and getting lots of advice from a different friend (who sold me her preschool after doing it for 6 years). I feel better about it and am looking forward to starting. I'm nervous, but feeling like once I can get the hang of it and get the kids and I into a routine, I'll be less stressed and able to handle it all. I never thought I would be down this path, but I'm seeing God's wisdom in it and feeling much better than two weeks ago when my friend told me the bad news.
In two days Scott and I are heading to San Francisco to celebrate our 10-year-anniversary (a little early). We haven't been away from the kids since B was two so it's time. I've never been to San Fran but I'm looking forward to all of it. We are so blessed that Scott's mom will take the kids for us. I let Scott plan the whole trip, as long as Ghirardelli Square was a major stop. Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day