San Francisco - Day 3













Day 3 was all about the Golden Gate Bridge. We got up early every morning of our trip because we were so exhausted from all the walking we were going to bed early and getting uninterrupted sleep, a novelty for parents of little children. We started out at the Ferry Station. There was a farmer's market which looked incredible. I've never seen blueberries the size of grapes before. We bought our ferry tickets to Sausalito and enjoyed the little shops. We found a french pastry shop with our niece's name so we took a picture of that.
Sausalito is an adorable little town that is considered as close to a coastal town off the Mediterranean Sea as you can get, but in America. I wish we would have had more time there. We had a wonderful lunch-the best salad of my life, which is saying a lot since I'm not a salad lover. We walked around the shops and toured a museum with Dr. Seuss paintings. We looked at the souvenirs but still hadn't found the perfect gifts for our kids. When we were done, we took a bus to the beginning of the Golden Gate Bridge and started our journey across.
It is so windy in San Francisco, but across the bridge was the worst. The bikers coming were grimacing and I almost lost my hat several times. I was freezing, wearing my sweater and jacket and gloves. The bridge was amazing, though. After we walked across we went to Ghiradelli Square and got our homemade waffle bowl dipped in chocolate with two scoops of ice cream. That was worth the whole trip. No other chocolate compares to Ghiradelli's!
Afterward we went to Lombard Street and walked down, then back up to the trolley. We saw some other fun things on the trolley then headed back to Chinatown. We had some delicious Chinese food. I don't love Chinese food, but this was really good. We bought some souvenirs for the kids and for Peggy for taking care of them while we were gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day