San Francisco - Day 4











I was so sad that our last day had arrived. I missed the kids, but not as much as I thought I would and I was not ready to go home. We started our day in Japantown because one of the young men had called Scott the night before telling him of his mission call to Japan. We found some great souvenirs for him and more funny toys for the kids there. We had to take a picture of the YMCA there for the kids. They love that place. We were surprised by Japantown; we were expecting lots of shops like Chinatown. Instead, we found a mall and lots of housing. We saw the Chinese embassy, which we found a little odd. They have an enormous Catholic church as well as the famous Fillmore theater.
We had Indian food again and then took the bus to the Golden Gate park. It was beautiful and would have been a perfect place for a run. We enjoyed another day of great weather, though I was cold. The park is massive. If we had had more time we would have gone to the California Museum of Sciences. The park has an amphitheater, Japanese tea garden, the botanical garden and the de Jong Fine Arts museum. We should have saved more time for all of it. Around 4pm we had to head to the BART to get to the airport. We had such a great vacation together. The kids had a blast with Grandma and we had a wonderful time in a beautiful city.

Comments

Arycca Brothers said…
Wow, you definitely filled every second with something fun--and those pics are beautiful. I'm so glad you two got to get away!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Marathon

Rough Day

Mother's Day